There are many things you can do to make your property more appealing when it comes to selling. Preparing your home for viewers is an important part of the selling process. It will not only ensure your property is sold faster, but can potentially add thousands of euro to its value.
Here at Wallis Auctioneers we have put together some points to take on board when selling your property with us to increase the chances of a good sale.
- Declutter – but don’t depersonalize – Throw out all excess stuff that has accumulated over the years. Put it in storage if necessary.
- People need to be able to envisage what the property would look like if they were living there. People often find this difficult, so make it easy for them to see all the fantastic living space you’re offering them.
- Giving your walls a fresh lick of paint, neutral paint will make your home seem lighter and bigger.
- It’s amazing how a property can be transformed with a few hours of intensive cleaning and polishing. Make any minor repairs necessary – holes in walls, broken door knobs, cracked tiles, torn or threadbare carpets. Make sure the garden is also tidy, clean and is presentable.
- If viewings are taking place in the Winter months make sure the fire is down to give that warm cosy feeling. This will make your home feel warm and inviting.
- The smell of fresh bread baking, the lovely aroma of vanilla, freshly brewed coffee or some potpourri in the entrance hallway will create a warm and welcoming ambience.